Who we are
This Land Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 10237292 whose registered office is at Compass House Vision Park, Chivers Way, Histon, Cambridge, England, CB24 9AD. All references to “us”, “we”, “our” or “This Land” throughout this policy is to This Land Limited, This Land Development Limited and our other companies within our group.
This Land Limited is a property developer and land promoter. Our website address is https://www.this-land.co.uk/ and is operated by us. For more information about us click here: https://www.this-land.co.uk/about-us/.
Our website may link to other websites owned and operated by trusted third parties to make additional services available to you. These third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. Please refer to the third party’s privacy information, as appropriate.
What information we collect about you
The personal information we collect and how we collect it depends on the particular activities carried out. For example, this personal information may include any of the following:
- your name, date of birth, address and other contact details such as;
- information captured from our website including registering interest, downloading a brochure, IP address and cookies (see ‘Cookies’ below);
- bank account and payment details;
- information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks;
- information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems;
- details of any mortgage, part exchange property and bespoke choices in your new home;
- your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions;
- location data (if you choose to provide this via websearch)
- other information about the nature of your enquiry that you provide to us such as type of property you are interested in, number of bedrooms, location and amenities, price range, your current property status (including if you are a first-time buyer or whether you are part of a chain), etc.
This personal information is required to provide our services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing such services to you.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. The information collected will depend on your relationship with us.
This may be direct such as when you:
- contact or register with us (whether in person, by telephone, text, email, via our website or our social media pages);
- visit one of the sales or marketing offices,
- such as your browsing activity whilst using our website (see ‘Cookies’ below);
- via our IT systems – automated monitoring of our website and other technical systems, CCTV, instant messaging and other communication systems.
We also collect information from third parties. For example:
- property marketing websites, or estate agents when you request information about one of our new homes;
- solicitors, financial advisors, surveyors and estate agents involved in your search/purchase of a home from us;
- credit reference agencies and customer due diligence providers;
- warranty providers;
- other property companies that we have arrangements with (e.g. social housing);
- your use of third party websites that enable us to make additional services available to you.
How we use your data
The way we use your personal information depends on the particular activities carried out. Processing of personal information is by legitimate interest to provide the required service to you. We may use your personal data to:
- create and manage your account with us;
- verify your identity;
- provide services to you;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- conduct research and improve our services;
- respond to any enquiries which you make to us relating to our homes or otherwise;
- process specification orders, purchases, reservations, deposits and other payments for our homes as made by you and to carry out our rights and obligations arising from any purchases of our homes;
- keep you updated and notify you of progress or any issues relating to your purchase;
- manage projects on which you are involved;
- ensure your new home is registered with key utilities providers when you move in;
- ensure longer term interests of a development are maintained through resident’s management companies/associations;
- comply with our legal obligations (e.g. anti-money laundering, etc).
When you leave your details with This Land we use Legitimate Interest to provide you with information about new homes or property developments and or services which we consider will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us using the details below and we will stop sending you further materials.
Who we may share your data with
Dependent upon which services you chose from us we may share your personal information with:
- companies within This Land Limited’s group, including This Land Development Limited, This Land Asset Management Limited, This Land Finance Limited;
- our employees, agents and service providers;
- other third parties we use to help deliver our services to you and run our business (e.g. credit reference agencies, payment service providers, marketing agencies, website hosts, or CRM support agencies);
- third parties approved by you (e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third party payment providers);
- independent financial advisors, estate agents and solicitors that you choose to instruct in your search and purchase of a new home;
- other providers such as warranty organisations, Help to Buy and other Government Schemes available from time to time,
- after sales support teams and contractors or tradesmen (as appropriate);
- a third party who acquires our business;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law;
Keeping your data secure
We use a range of technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. We store your personal data on secure servers and ensure access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff.
Whilst we use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests including to process and respond to any enquiries made by you and to process any purchase made by you (as without using your data in this way it would not be possible for us to do so).
We may process your personal information in order to perform our contractual obligations in relation to any contracts between us and you. For instance, we will process your personal information as necessary for the performance of a contract with you in relation to the purchase of a new home.
If you are a user of a trusted third party system, we may have access to your activities on the system and we will receive updates when you use it.
At any point, should you prefer that we no longer contact you with information about us and our sites, you can unsubscribe by using the details below or on any of our communications to let us know that you no longer wish to be contacted.
Transfer of data out of the United Kingdom (UK)
Some of our external service providers who allow us to deliver our services to you are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We ensure that such transfers are to the EEA or to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they agree to standard contractual clauses which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Under UK GDPR and data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please contact us using the details below if you wish to make a request.
Retention of data
We only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to support our relationship with you, to meet our legal obligations and support the particular purposes set out above. For example:
- anti-money laundering regulations require us to keep evidence of identity checks and details of the relevant business transaction for 5 years;
- our new homes are sold with 10 year warranty cover. We will therefore keep your records relating to your purchase (name, property address, type, contact details, certificates, purchase and sale contract information etc) for up to 12 years from the date of purchase;
- the information provided when you request information about developments and/or particular properties will be kept for up to 3 years as some developments may take a number of years to plan, build, market and complete We may keep your data for a longer period should it be required under legal and/or other regulatory reasons.
Changes to this policy
This policy was reviewed on 29th September 2023.
This policy is reviewed regularly to reflect best practice and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments to relevant legislation. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details:
- Post: Compass House Vision Park, Chivers Way, Histon, Cambridge, England, CB24 9AD (for the attention of the Data Protection Manager)
- Telephone: 01223 257660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Complain
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your personal information please do contact us and we will do our best to resolve your concerns.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.