A long, spring weekend is a wonderful prospect for those wishing to get outside and make their gardens beautiful.
But for others, it might not be such a fun-filled event, more of a chore.
Whatever your take here are 5 simple tips to make the most of things this weekend.
- Plan – What jobs are simple and what are more difficult, it’s always best to plan. Breathe, put the kettle on and create your plan.
- Spring clean – This is a great time to tidy your shed and make sure your tools are in working order for the season ahead. Clear your garden of winter debris, dead leaves and branches.
- Mowing – When mowing in spring, always use a higher than normal cutting height and never cut more than a third of the grass length at any one time. Cutting more than this will stress the grass and can make it more prone to disease and weeds.
- Once some of the big jobs have been completed, it’s time to give some thought to what flowers and plants you would like to decorate your garden with. April is the perfect time to get them planted to ensure you have a beautiful garden throughout the summer
- Take advantage of the relaxed Covid 19 restrictions. From 29th March Government guidelines state that you can now meet outside in a group of any size from 2 households or in a group of up to 6 from any number of households. Follow the guidelines, stay safe and take the opportunity to show off all of your hard work.